Fail to upload flight plan (P4P)

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
kfrantzios

Fail to upload flight plan (P4P)

Post by kfrantzios » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 am

I am using a Phantom 4 and a phantom 4 pro. When using the P4P 1 out of 3 times i get a "failed to upload flight plan" due to timeout error when flying large missions that require several uploads. The drone is on the latest firmware. As a workaround, i return it home, restart it and then resume the mission. When using P4 this never happened.
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Android 8.
Drone Harmony PRO. App version 1.1011 plus (55.apk)

Martin

Re: Fail to upload flight plan (P4P)

Post by Martin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 pm

kfrantzios wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 am
I am using a Phantom 4 and a phantom 4 pro. When using the P4P 1 out of 3 times i get a "failed to upload flight plan" due to timeout error when flying large missions that require several uploads. The drone is on the latest firmware. As a workaround, i return it home, restart it and then resume the mission. When using P4 this never happened.
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Android 8.
Drone Harmony PRO. App version 1.1011 plus (55.apk)
Hi kfrantzios,

Unfortunately, Drone Harmony does not control how DJI uploads a (long) mission from the RC to the drone. All that Drone Harmony does is use the software command provided by DJI to initiate the mission upload. We monitor the progress of the upload and added some logic to retry the upload if it fails since we observed that DJI's software (or hardware communication) is not 100% reliable. Over the last 2 years, DJI improved the reliability of their mission upload for many of their drones with new firmware updates. But still, sometimes the mission fails to upload and even leaves the drone in a "corrupted" state preventing a proper retry of a mission upload. In such situations, sometimes only a drone & RC restart helps.

So, unfortunately, we can only recommend you to:
  • Express your experiences to DJI customer support (long mission upload fail, very slow for P4P)
  • Keep your P4P firmware up to date - hopefully with improvements coming your way in terms of improved mission upload functionality.
Best;
Martin

Return to “Bug Reports”