Update fails to install

jackh

Update fails to install

Post by jackh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:22 am

Just got update notice on Playstore. However update fails to install. Fix?

gil_dh

Re: Update fails to install

Post by gil_dh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Assuming you are speaking about the Basic version (the one that installs from Google Play store).
Is there an error message that you get?
Maybe there is not enough storage space on the device? The APK is about 70MB, it replaces the old version which is about the same size but before that installation file (apk) is downloaded to the device. The installation process is handled by Google Play Store app so it's in a way out of our control. Another option is that there was error with transmitting the file. Please try again and if it fails we could send you a direct link to try (though this is not good solution for the future).

jackh

Post by jackh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:22 am

It's failed 4 times now. I have plenty of space in my Sheild. In the Play store I noticed it says this app MIGHT be compatible with my device. Whatever that means.

gil_dh

Post by gil_dh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:27 am

Judging by that message in the play store, it is highly likely that the device is not completely compatible. This is because one of the Android features, that DJI SDK declares necessary, might not be available for your device. We had this issue before with other devices and it is highly likely that the app will run ok, but it will not be possible to install or upgrade from the app store though. Please send us an email to support@droneharmony.com and we will send you instructions for a manual installation of the app.

Return to “General Discussions”