Fail to upload DJI Mavic Air

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
nicokalo

Fail to upload DJI Mavic Air

Post by nicokalo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:54 am

Hi,

I had an issue the other day.
I was using Drone Harmony on a Tommy 2 (Wiko) with my Mavic Air. I did some flights just fine, everything was smooth from the plan making to the flight control.

Then after a while, something went wrong because DH was not able to upload the flight plan anymore. The Mavic Air returned a time out.
I rebooted everything, changed batteries, but still, it was not working.

So I waited a day, full charged the smartphone and tried again.
It worked, but only for one flight. After that, the bug happend again.

Do you have any idea of what could have been happening here ?

Any clue would be great :)
Thanks !
Nicolas

Martin

Re: Fail to upload DJI Mavic Air

Post by Martin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Nicolas,

The upload of a mission is something that DJI provides in their software libraries. We did a lot of framework around their upload functionality to make it more stable. Still (and nowadays quite rarely) the software libraries return a timeout or an error when trying to upload a mission. I would have done the same as you did. Reboot everything, unplug batteries and additionally maybe try to connect with DJI go 4 in order to restore everything to normal. Usually that works, but it is strange that you have this bug occurring again. I will send you in a pm how you can access the developer error log file. It might give us a clue what does go wrong, although it is likely a DJI bug which we then would report to DJI.

Best regards,
Martin

Pancadas

Post by Pancadas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:17 pm

Same here...
Landed, reset everything, and all good.

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Pancadas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:17 pm
Same here...
Landed, reset everything, and all good.
Hmm it then seems that this upload timeout occurs more often than we thought. Did it also happen for you with a Mavic Air?

Return to “Bug Reports”