Gimbal disalignement

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
AttilaFarkaš

Gimbal disalignement

Post by AttilaFarkaš » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am

I noticed a strange gimbal disalignement while flying with DH...
Its disaligned to the right each time i fly my M2P with DH
IMG_20190610_074846-1.jpg
IMG_20190610_074846-1.jpg (85.74 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Martin

Re: Gimbal disalignement

Post by Martin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 pm

AttilaFarkaš wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am
I noticed a strange gimbal disalignement while flying with DH...
Its disaligned to the right each time i fly my M2P with DH
IMG_20190610_074846-1.jpg
Hi AttilaFarkas,
Just to understand this correctly:
  1. You fly a mission with DH.
  2. After landing the drone (manually or automatically) and the drone still being powered on, you see the gimbal yaw misaligned.
Questions:
  1. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned also during the mission execution?
  2. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned when flying with DJI go 4 missions?
  3. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned when flying manually?
  4. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned after recalibrating the gimbal in DJI go 4?
DH does not calibrate the gimbal yaw. We basically tell DJI "use x degree gimbal yaw". So it's peculiar that the gimbal misaligns. It's also the first time we have this reported to us, but I see this the second time (our own inspire 2 always has a small gimbal yaw misalignment, which seems to be hardware related).

AttilaFarkaš

Post by AttilaFarkaš » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Martin wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi AttilaFarkas,
Just to understand this correctly:
  1. You fly a mission with DH.
  2. After landing the drone (manually or automatically) and the drone still being powered on, you see the gimbal yaw misaligned.
YES

Questions:
  1. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned also during the mission execution? - Have no idea, but it is when drone returning froim mission, even when in air.
  2. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned when flying with DJI go 4 missions? - NO
  3. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned when flying manually? - Yes - im returning from missions manually
  4. Is the gimbal yaw misaligned after recalibrating the gimbal in DJI go 4? - YES
DH does not calibrate the gimbal yaw. We basically tell DJI "use x degree gimbal yaw". So it's peculiar that the gimbal misaligns. It's also the first time we have this reported to us, but I see this the second time (our own inspire 2 always has a small gimbal yaw misalignment, which seems to be hardware related).

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 pm

For the M2Pro and Zoom you can also adjust the gimbal yaw in the FPV view. I'm quoting from:
https://developer.dji.com/api-reference ... idget.html
Interaction:
Tapping in focus mode will select that point as focus target point. Tapping in meter mode will select that point as exposure meter target point.

Press and hold will activate gimbal control mode. Dragging gimbal control will move the gimbal accordingly.
It might be that this relates to the alignment issue. As far as I recall we call a DJI gimbal yaw "centering" command at the beginning of the mission for mavic 2 drones.

AttilaFarkaš

Post by AttilaFarkaš » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 pm

well, the gimbal is just fine after turning on the drone and connecting to the RC. The disalignement happens later, but i cant say when exactly...
Next time ill test to launch a mission and abort it immediatelly and check whether the gimbal disalignement happened there

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm

AttilaFarkaš wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 pm
well, the gimbal is just fine after turning on the drone and connecting to the RC. The disalignement happens later, but i cant say when exactly...
Next time ill test to launch a mission and abort it immediatelly and check whether the gimbal disalignement happened there
Ok, I'll also have a look after 18.6. when I should get back my hands on a mavic 2 zoom again.

AttilaFarkaš

Post by AttilaFarkaš » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Martin wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm
Ok, I'll also have a look after 18.6. when I should get back my hands on a mavic 2 zoom again.
Yes, i can confirm now, the disalignement happrns on mission launch

Return to “Bug Reports”