Executing a flight plan

MichaelBaylis

Executing a flight plan

Post by MichaelBaylis » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am

I've been trying to trial the DHBasic with my Phantom 3 Standard as this app looks very good for my needs, and the upcoming browser planner will be brilliant. However, I am having a problem executing a plan. I have the app installed on 2 phones, a Google Pixel 2 XL, which does not connect despite force stopping all other apps and uninstalling DJI Go. But I have managed to get my standby Nexus 4 to connect when I uninstall the DJI GO app. All good so far.

However, when I go through the dialogs to run the plan and get to the end one to launch the drone, I hit a problem, the page shows:-
Flight Mode = F (Green)
Satellite Count = 6 (In black)
Satellite Fix Quality = 4 (good) (in black)
Drone Activation Status = Activated (in green)
No Fly Zone Status = Unknown (in black)
Home Position = Current Position (In green)

I hit Launch Drone, the button reflects the press, but nothing happens. I am doing something wrong, or is it supposed to takeoff automatically at this point?

Cheers,

Michael

Martin

Re: Executing a flight plan

Post by Martin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:06 pm

MichaelBaylis wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:28 am
I've been trying to trial the DHBasic with my Phantom 3 Standard as this app looks very good for my needs, and the upcoming browser planner will be brilliant. However, I am having a problem executing a plan. I have the app installed on 2 phones, a Google Pixel 2 XL, which does not connect despite force stopping all other apps and uninstalling DJI Go. But I have managed to get my standby Nexus 4 to connect when I uninstall the DJI GO app. All good so far.

However, when I go through the dialogs to run the plan and get to the end one to launch the drone, I hit a problem, the page shows:-
Flight Mode = F (Green)
Satellite Count = 6 (In black)
Satellite Fix Quality = 4 (good) (in black)
Drone Activation Status = Activated (in green)
No Fly Zone Status = Unknown (in black)
Home Position = Current Position (In green)

I hit Launch Drone, the button reflects the press, but nothing happens. I am doing something wrong, or is it supposed to takeoff automatically at this point?

Cheers,

Michael
Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this detailed issue description.

In principle, all should be ok to start uploading the mission to the drone with the given status indicators that you posted. So there seems to be another problem.

With the last update we did migrate to a new DJI SDK (DJI software library to control the drone) and there might be a new issue that we are not yet aware of. If you want we can send you the last version apk, in order to see if it used to work with that? If you are interested, send us an e-mail directly to support@droneharmony.com so that we can share with you a private download link to the older apk.

In the meantime, one of our developers will try to reproduce with our own Phantom 3 the situation. If we find anything I'll let you know here. Please also keep us posted if you find anything more that could help us to investigate the problem.

Best regards,
Martin

Return to “Flight Planning & Execution”