CS bugs

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
flyzk

CS bugs

Post by flyzk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:59 am

Hi,

Firstly, sorry for my poor english xD
I use DH on my device CrystalSky & P4P
I report few bugs (or maybe I miss something):

1) Camera Angle is very tricky to manage because the 3D camera moves so fast over the 3D polygone... then it's really tricky to see which angle is used. It would be easier if we get choice to "stop" the 3D simulation to see the exact angle used by camera (compared to the survey/waypoint).

2) I can't manage the Manual Focus because I don't see the Focus Scale.

3) If I fly a long mission (needing several battery) this is the hell.... :
3.a) when drone disconnected, the App crash or the mission is refreshed. Then I can't resume the mission where I've stopped it.... I had to restart the same mission (with all waypoint already done), then delete waypoints already played..(it's boring) and then start this new mission...
3.b) when the drone upload new waypoints (drone has already done the 99wp, it s still in the air, then he uploads new next waypoints), when it played the new waypoints, accuracy of First next waypoint is not good....
3.c) when drone did RTH (20% battery), the app crash

4) everytime I've tried to read the last flight (400 waypoints flight), the app've crashed

=)

Anyway, I love this app !
Last edited by flyzk on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyzk

Re: CS bugs

Post by flyzk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 am

5) I've made some tests with camera "S" (shutter pririty) with ISO fixed. But, at the beginning of every single mission, many pictures are too much dark. I had to "stop" mission, try to moves some param. I resume mission, and it works well..

6) at the moment, we only can manage the speed of the mission when launching drone. It means, we can't plan the flight at home, because we do not know the time of the flight.

7) Sometimes, dues to the bad accuracy of drones GPS, the map and the reality don't match very well (and then also the flight plan..). It would very very well, if you find a solution to adjust the reallity when we are on the field... by matching some points on the map (eg: I flight the drone, I save a point and match it with the map, and then the map moves at the good place).

8) it miss a way to start a new mission, with everything cleared, at the moment I have to reboot CS

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 pm

flyzk wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:59 am
1) Camera Angle is very tricky to manage because the 3D camera moves so fast over the 3D polygone... then it's really tricky to see which angle is used. It would be easier if we get choice to "stop" the 3D simulation to see the exact angle used by camera (compared to the survey/waypoint).
Yes, you make a good point which we also noticed. We think of adding an animation slider (similar to the one that is available in the normal 3D view). There is no ETA on when we will change this yet.
flyzk wrote:
2) I can't manage the Manual Focus because I don't see the Focus Scale.
Is the scale completely not visible to you or too small to use?
flyzk wrote:
3) If I fly a long mission (needing several battery) this is the hell.... :
3.a) when drone disconnected, the App crash or the mission is refreshed. Then I can't resume the mission where I've stopped it.... I had to restart the same mission (with all waypoint already done), then delete waypoints already played..(it's boring) and then start this new mission...
3.b) when the drone upload new waypoints (drone has already done the 99wp, it s still in the air, then he uploads new next waypoints), when it played the new waypoints, accuracy of First next waypoint is not good....
3.c) when drone did RTH (20% battery), the app crash
Regarding 3.a) We introduced mission resume which should work even if the application crashed on CS. So this behavior is something new to us. I will look with our dev team if we can reproduce it with our own Crystal Sky.
Regarding 3.b): This probably relates to the drone accelerating again to mission speed which is controlled by DJI. Not sure if we can improve the accuracy, as DJI controls it (the waypoint coordinates we send to the drone are accurate).
Regarding 3.c) - We will try to reproduce this and investigate it.

I wonder if you have by any chance a "standard" Android device available, could you try and see if you get similar behavior with this device? Crystal Sky is still not a stable environment for us to run on and there might be some issues we do not have on "standard" android devices.
flyzk wrote:
4) everytime I've tried to read the last flight (400 waypoints flight), the app've crashed
Can you elaborate on what you refer to with "tried to read the last flight"?
I currently guess that it relates to drawing the flight on the 2D map when you select the flight, something that can result in slow processing - and in your case with CS maybe even a crash. We are looking into improving the 2D map drawing to make it more efficient. Unfortunately I have no ETA for this yet.
flyzk wrote:
5) I've made some tests with camera "S" (shutter pririty) with ISO fixed. But, at the beginning of every single mission, many pictures are too much dark. I had to "stop" mission, try to moves some param. I resume mission, and it works well..
For some camera / drone setup we offer during the launch some choice of manually or automatically controlling some of the camera aspects (AEB lock, focus etc.). With some of the auto settings it usually involves DJI setting some things automatically at the start of the mission. It might relate to that. But we have not experimented with shutter priority ourselves yet - so not sure. Your approach of manually pausing, adjusting camera & resuming is probably the safest bet - as you have full control and no "auto" adjustments should interfere anymore at that stage.
flyzk wrote:
6) at the moment, we only can manage the speed of the mission when launching drone. It means, we can't plan the flight at home, because we do not know the time of the flight.
It was a design choice, to let the user select the mission speed during the launching stage. I think what is missing is that we do not yet have a flight time estimate during the launch dialog (and even better, one that even updates during the flight). Once we add that you should be fine to just select the mission speed at launch.
flyzk wrote:
7) Sometimes, dues to the bad accuracy of drones GPS, the map and the reality don't match very well (and then also the flight plan..). It would very very well, if you find a solution to adjust the reallity when we are on the field... by matching some points on the map (eg: I flight the drone, I save a point and match it with the map, and then the map moves at the good place).
Yes, you refer here to a feature request we already have in our idea database.
flyzk wrote:
8) it miss a way to start a new mission, with everything cleared, at the moment I have to reboot CS
Not sure if I understand your question? You can use the garbage bin on the left to clear the state, or selectively things of the state.
flyzk wrote:
Anyway, I love this app !
Thank you - I really appreciate you taking the time for these extensive bug reports. We know there are still many corners that we can improve on, but it is also nice to hear that you like our app!

If I may - some of your reports are actually ideas for new features. I would LOVE for you to report such ideas to our idea portal: http://ideas.droneharmony.com. It makes it easier for our dev team to track and prioritize requested features from the community.

Once again thank you so much.

flyzk

Post by flyzk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:47 am

Hi
Any chance to know what bugs you ve fixed in the new version? Especially for CS.
It would help a lot...
At the moment, before the paid version DH was definitly not enough stable (crashing randomly)to be used like professionnal software... too many app / cs crash and then too dangerous.
Please give us a completed released note of the latest version.
Also when can we expect the CS tutorial for DH ??
We need you (dh team) to communicate more with your own forum if you want we also use it.
C ya

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:27 am

Hi flyzk,

DJI produces Crystal Sky and is in charge of the operating system and software on the device. Unfortunately up to this day DJI does not provide proper support for google software on this device, which all normal android devices (phone, tablets, etc.) provide. In google software included is for example the google play store access, the google map services etc. on which many of the DJI 3rd party applications depend on.

DJI mentions that they support 3rd party applications on the Crystal Sky but this is not really true under these circumstances. Drone Harmony is doing everything it can to provide its customers support in order to still manage to get Drone Harmony running on Crystal Sky. Although it is DJI that should do its job, and follow up on their promise to support 3rd party applications properly.

With the latest DH update, our CS installation tutorial does no longer work. We expect to have an updated tutorial (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46) with corresponding access to the right google software apks ready in the next two weeks.

Note that DH is running stable on the non-Crystal Sky Android devices. We share your frustration with CS, but we do not produce it nor the operating system software that comes with it.

The current (and old) release notes are always published to https://droneharmony.com/release-notes.html (I added a corresponding post in the forum release section).

flyzk

Post by flyzk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:39 am

Thanks for answer and explanations.
About the released note , I did not notice any note about CS bug I meet.
Is there any improvement about CS stability since the DH paid version or not?
If yes could you please discribe more? It will help me to not having to discover by myself and risking anything.

Last question, is it possible to use dual RC with DH (and I2 or m210) with DH + a non-CS android device for master's RC, and CS + DJI GO4 for the slave's RC ?

Thanks

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:28 am

flyzk wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:39 am
About the released note , I did not notice any note about CS bug I meet.
Is there any improvement about CS stability since the DH paid version or not?
The update did not include any improvements on CS stability. The problem of instability mostly relates to the experimental Android system that DJI installed on the CS. We are currently mostly concerned to provide our users with a reliable way of getting DH running on the CS. Only then we will look if we can contribute in some way to improve stability on the CS. In addition, if we have news on CS in an update, it is safe to assume that it will be part of our future release notes. Sorry to have lacked in communications for this so far.
flyzk wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:39 am
Last question, is it possible to use dual RC with DH (and I2 or m210) with DH + a non-CS android device for master's RC, and CS + DJI GO4 for the slave's RC ?
We have not tested dual RC operation behavior. From quick glances at the DJI SDK we know that there is some software interfacing capabilities for dual operation put we have not put any development efforts in providing specific functionality for dual operation. So I can't answer you what will happen in your scenario, but I can suggest you to simply try it out if you have the described hardware setup already available to you.

flyzk

Post by flyzk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Martin,

Unfortunatly, I had to stop using DH because I "only" have 2x CS and 1 Ipad, and I don't want invest on this kind of device atm..
Then I'm waiting you to upgrade your CS's tutorial.. any estimated date? :)

Anyway, another question.
Pix4D's just annouced they are working on a feature (for their flight app) able to record a flight point position X Y Z from the air directly to the GIS final product (probably by cloud). that's could definitly help in manyyyyyyy mission (mostly for inspection). (Idea: Adding offset (mostly for Z) would be very usefull !!!!!!!)
Atm, Is it there any way to record a point with importable format for the post photogrammetry production with DH?
Using drone as a tool to capture Air Positionning Data OR Terrain Position Data by the air would be a nice feature !

Another idea very very helpfull would be to be able to estimate position point (or make measure...) on the terrain's surface, by clicking on the screen, and then be able to import these data in a GIS software.

I know I should have posted there... in the idea section... but I'm lazy (like you on this forum :P )
Last edited by flyzk on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

flyzk

Post by flyzk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 am

another idea:
When I play Top & down mission with triggering every 2s (for example) the drone takes pictures during lines, but it continues during the turning phase, and then it can miss accurate because:
the last picture taken while rotation increase blurring, is not alligned with others and then miss some overlap and can't be avoid of the photogrammetry's list of pictures because the NEXT picture take after rotation, is not taken at the same position as it was planned and in some case the mapping can failed. (that's probably why you recommand to increase the size of the area scanned). In any case it requiers user (me) to add a step in the workflow: avoiding these pictures.
So, the issue could be solved, if you param your 1rst waypoint of every line to activate trigger every 2s, and at the last waypoint of the line to stop the trigger (and maybe take a last picture to be sure?) !

another point:
When you pause/resume a mission (to switch batteries for example) we notice a gap between last picture (taken by waypoint or with triggering every second mod) taken before the mission stoped and the position of the next picture.
it would be really better, if the drone resumes its mission either at the last waypoint where last picture where taken (instead of resuming mission at the next waypoint), or by calculating the farthest last picture position (the case where the mission stoped just before triggering another picture during a tringering every second's mission) (triggering picture speed x UAV speed = the distance the drone has to playback) of the next waypoint position .

Another point xD :
In the field, we need to Add orthophoto (jpg or tiff or kmz) to the DH map, to be able to has a usable detailed map.
Or, if DH would be able to scan (with preview of picture saved, or preview of camera view or video) the terrain while we are playing Top & Down mission, to create its own light orthophoto with the real drone position.... I would definitly buy a dedicated android device to use DH every day ;)

Another point :D :D :D :
Streaming every informations by WIFI or 4G to another "DH Receiver Stream" App : MAP¨, Plan, Camera, etc. would be helpfull to build a real ground station ! ...OR even maybe to use CS as receiver is your dev are enough smart to go around CS soft limitations ;)

A question: you've released a very nice feature (repositionning polygones) by recording position's flight point manually. That's very nice. But, for the same reason, we also need to be able to repositionning DEM (terrain data imported data). Is it already available?

Last request: complete your tutorials (your mission's type's tutorials are empties, and the point and interest of every mission is not very clear. You should make some real terrain tutorials to see how to use and optimize missions's type. it would be helpfull to vizualize possibility that DH offer to our drone services) and post at minimum as much as new in your forum as you do in your Facebook... and everywhere else.... and maybe I ll try to post at the good place in this forum next time.

Hope you're undestand my points with my poor english xD

=)

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

flyzk wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:49 pm
Unfortunatly, I had to stop using DH because I "only" have 2x CS and 1 Ipad, and I don't want invest on this kind of device atm..
Then I'm waiting you to upgrade your CS's tutorial.. any estimated date? :)
Sorry to hear that. CS is tricky, as we require google authentication to work properly which DJI does not support (apart from google play store, which they also do not support etc.). So we have to work on our own solution to make DH authentication work on CS. We have a plan for this but it will take some time implement and I can't give you yet an ETA.
flyzk wrote:
Anyway, another question.
Pix4D's just annouced they are working on a feature (for their flight app) able to record a flight point position X Y Z from the air directly to the GIS final product (probably by cloud). that's could definitly help in manyyyyyyy mission (mostly for inspection). (Idea: Adding offset (mostly for Z) would be very usefull !!!!!!!)
Atm, Is it there any way to record a point with importable format for the post photogrammetry production with DH?
Using drone as a tool to capture Air Positionning Data OR Terrain Position Data by the air would be a nice feature !
We currently have the "Record POI" flight plan (in manual section) which allows you to record X Y Z and convert that into a POI. We are planning to extend the functionality in order to "draw" buildings with your drone. We have not yet considered it for producing data that can be used in post processing. What file format have you thought of here? And what data should be stored in there exactly?
flyzk wrote:
Another idea very very helpfull would be to be able to estimate position point (or make measure...) on the terrain's surface, by clicking on the screen, and then be able to import these data in a GIS software.
This I do not understand. Can you explain a bit more? Clicking on the screen, you mean clicking on the google map or into the FPV of the camera view? Are you considering the scenario when user has terrain data imported before?
flyzk wrote:
I know I should have posted there... in the idea section... but I'm lazy (like you on this forum :P )
Touche, as a CEO I often have more urgent things to attend to.. but hey I try my best. ;)

Return to “Bug Reports”