Flight plan management and storage

Share your ideas here or even better share them on the Drone Harmony idea platform. Our dev team takes your ideas into account for shaping the dev roadmap!
Cuspis

Flight plan management and storage

Post by Cuspis » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm

As I already wrote in the DH idea portal (but it can be discussed easier in this forum):

After a while a lot of flight plans and its different versions accumulate and things are getting confusing with the increasing number of plans.

It would be helpful to use a foldersystem for sorting the plans according to projects. It should be possible to transfer the plans forth and back to archive or reactivate them project related. Some missions have to be repeated after a while in the same way but they don't need to be held in the active flightplan-folder all over the time for reasons of clearness.

At the moment during planning the flight plan choice always flips back to the first plan of the flight plan list, which is quite inconvenient, especially with a larger number of flight plans in memory.

A good idea could be to integrate this flightplan management into the future desktop planner. The active flight plans are transferred to the cellphone of the remote control - all other plans are stored and managed in the desktop's memory.

Cuspis

Re: Flight plan management and storage

Post by Cuspis » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:19 pm

Gil of DroneHarmony wrote on Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:06 pm in viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2234&p=3206#p3204:
The next update will come together with the release of the web-based planning platform, which will include synchronization functionality to automatically store all your local missions to the Drone Harmony cloud (with an option to opt out). We hope this will enable our users to no longer worry about backup and the availability of their missions across all of their devices.
For some people it might be useful to store all their missions in your cloud as you describe it obove.

But my missions belong to different projects and have several stages of development (like software verions). Some missions can be archived for a longer time outside of the DH-App, some missions must be repeated after a while and in return copied back into the DH-App.
So I have to separate the projets from each other by the names and by the storage location (for example by differnet folders inside of my PC and separate backup-storage). Otherwise things get too much confusing.

Please find an opportunity to export and import those projects separately between the DH-App, PC and backup-medium in user-readable and editable files. Please give us a precise description of this process to avoid unintended data-loss (German language will be welcome too).

Martin

Re: Flight plan management and storage

Post by Martin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:20 am

Cuspis wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:19 pm
Gil of DroneHarmony wrote on Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:06 pm in viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2234&p=3206#p3204:
The next update will come together with the release of the web-based planning platform, which will include synchronization functionality to automatically store all your local missions to the Drone Harmony cloud (with an option to opt out). We hope this will enable our users to no longer worry about backup and the availability of their missions across all of their devices.
For some people it might be useful to store all their missions in your cloud as you describe it obove.

But my missions belong to different projects and have several stages of development (like software verions). Some missions can be archived for a longer time outside of the DH-App, some missions must be repeated after a while and in return copied back into the DH-App.
So I have to separate the projets from each other by the names and by the storage location (for example by differnet folders inside of my PC and separate backup-storage). Otherwise things get too much confusing.

Please find an opportunity to export and import those projects separately between the DH-App, PC and backup-medium in user-readable and editable files. Please give us a precise description of this process to avoid unintended data-loss (German language will be welcome too).
Hi Cuspis,

Thank you for your input and sharing your insights on how you are dealing currently with the "file system" and how you would like to see it evolve with the upcoming web release. Introducing project views and/or organizational views is something we also consider. The initial release will contain a tagging and versioning system which will already allow covering some of your requests. But there is still work for us to do.

Best regards,
Martin

Return to “Feature Requests”