precision mapping

amethiel

precision mapping

Post by amethiel » Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 am

Hi, since mission splitting is not yet supported in the app, I'd like to ask how precision mapping/no stopping and precision mapping with stopping works. I noticed that sometimes the estimated time using no stopping is the same with the estimated time for images taken at 2 sec interval. Sometimes the estimated time with stopping is the same with the estimated time for images taken at 2 sec interval. SO how does precision mapping estimate time and the interval at which the images will be taken? What is the angular difference between consecutive images?

Martin

Re: precision mapping

Post by Martin » Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 pm

amethiel wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 am
Hi, since mission splitting is not yet supported in the app, I'd like to ask how precision mapping/no stopping and precision mapping with stopping works. I noticed that sometimes the estimated time using no stopping is the same with the estimated time for images taken at 2 sec interval. Sometimes the estimated time with stopping is the same with the estimated time for images taken at 2 sec interval. SO how does precision mapping estimate time and the interval at which the images will be taken? What is the angular difference between consecutive images?
Hi amethiel,

The recording mode Precise images with stopping means that the drone stops at every waypoint to take an image. How long each image takes depends on the exact camera and the camera settings (e.g. *.raw shooting takes longer than *.jpg shooting).
The recording mode Precise images no stopping means that the drone takes an image at every waypoint without stopping at that waypoint.
The recording mode time interval based shoots every x seconds an image without considerations of where the waypoints exactly are.

Our time estimations are approximations and should be taken with caution and only as an indication and not as an exact reliable source of information. We take into account the trajectory, general information from DJI on drone speed limits, approximate mission upload times and the chosen mission flight speed. There are many more factors that influence the exact flight time.

Best regards,
Martin

Return to “FAQ, Q & A”