Cant see a Google map for Top Down mapping

flightline

Cant see a Google map for Top Down mapping

Post by flightline » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:07 am

Hi Martin
I was trying to create a mapping (Top Down) test but could not work out how to get a Google map working, even though all systems seemed to be working.
Can you give a a run down of the step by step [process to create a stereo map.
My version is 8.2
Thx

flightline

Resolved - Cant see a Google map for Top Down mapping

Post by flightline » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Good news -
This issue is now resolved.
I found a tute on YouTube - "Drone Harmony and Googlemap" tutorial by King Tut Hut @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyeyi5o2HZM
He explained that without wifi on location, select the area to be mapped using Google Maps from a wifi spot (your home or office etc), then save the map in DH. Go to your desired location and open the saved GM, then draw out your map.
This process worked for me in no time at all - all very intuitive and quick to implement. The test mapping was completed in less than 10 minutes on the P4P - brilliant.
I am so happy about this. I even went back and toasted my old comrades with whom I used to fly. Last time I flew an aerial survey sortie was in 1975 using a Wild RC9 in Central Australia.
Incredible how technology was moved on and upwards in this sphere.

A new thread coming up - where and how to create the map.

Martin

Re: Cant see a Google map for Top Down mapping

Post by Martin » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:45 pm

flightline wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:26 pm
Good news -
This issue is now resolved.
I found a tute on YouTube - "Drone Harmony and Googlemap" tutorial by King Tut Hut @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyeyi5o2HZM
Excellent - yes King Tut Hut is helping us a lot with his tutorials. A kind soul indeed. Great that it resolved the issue for you!

Return to “Terrain-Aware Top-Down”