Import / export of KML files

Jeannine

Import / export of KML files

Post by Jeannine » Thu May 31, 2018 10:04 am

Drone Harmony mission planner allows you to import KML / KMZ files. You can also export Flights as CSV files.

K2 Surveyors

Re: Import / export of KML files

Post by K2 Surveyors » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi. I've successfully managed to import a KML file from Google Earth of a site perimeter. How do I define the area so I can create a Perimeter Mission?

gil_dh

Post by gil_dh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 am

In order to create a perimeter mission you need to create an area. If the KML contained a line (and not a polygon), we currently do not offer an option to convert the line into an area automatically as there is a currently a limited support for lines (only display them as red line basically). There are 2 options:
1. Edit the KML to make it an area (Polygon)
2. Manually create an area that correspons to the line on the map after importing the line by placing an area around it using the map and the area tool.

P.S. We are working on full support of line objects so if you are reading this post in few months time, chances are the above answer is not correct any more.

cidcarlos

Post by cidcarlos » Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Hello guys. I am new on this. I did try to import a KLM line form googlearth (GE) in order to fly that line. I did put the altitude on GE but then was not able to sep up fligh speed or the time between pictures. I just need lines not to cover a poligom. Any help? Thanks for your time. Carlos.

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm

cidcarlos wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 pm
Hello guys. I am new on this. I did try to import a KLM line form googlearth (GE) in order to fly that line. I did put the altitude on GE but then was not able to sep up fligh speed or the time between pictures. I just need lines not to cover a poligom. Any help? Thanks for your time. Carlos.
Hi cidcarlos,

You can import the KML file in the mission planner but you make sure to select "Line as a mission" so that Drone Harmony interprets it correctly. This will import the waypoints (x,y, and altitude). The gimbal angles will all be set to horizontal and the yaw alignment will always be looking towards the next waypoint.

Now concerning the flight speed and the time between pictures:
  • When you are on site and launch the mission you can select how you want to collect data. One of the recording options is time interval shooting
  • Also during the launch dialog you can set the (global) mission speed.
We currently do not support decorating waypoints with local mission speeds during the flight planning stage. But it is planned to develop this, as can be seen from this entry in our backlog:
https://ideas.droneharmony.com/ideas/DHPLANNER-I-48

Hope this is of help to you.

Best,
Martin

Return to “Terrain-Aware Top-Down”