Is DH no more free?

Maker

Is DH no more free?

Post by Maker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 am

DH's new pricing scheme.

So, with this new scheme should we assume DH is no more a free software?
With no intention to advocate Litchi, why would I buy a lifetime license for 29 USD, if I can get Litchi for 24.54 USD?

Regards,
Maker

OldDroneGuy

Re: Is DH no more free?

Post by OldDroneGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm

I hope this question was for anyone to answer? If not I apologize ahead of time... I looked on the Web Site and it appears that the Basic, Pro, and Business plan are all on a Free Trial Basis and Litchi is not https://droneharmony.com/pricing.html

IMO Try before you Buy is a good deal. Do the Research on YouTube about Litchi's Pros and Cons while in Trial Basis, and then decide which is better. Because Litchi has been on the Market longer there is not a lot of info about Drone Harmony on YouTube...in the end...the Decision is yours. I personally wanted to get in on the ground floor of a Technology that is probably build on avoiding the "bugs and fixes" of other technologies before. Hope this helps.

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:07 am

Maker wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 am
DH's new pricing scheme.

So, with this new scheme should we assume DH is no more a free software?
With no intention to advocate Litchi, why would I buy a lifetime license for 29 USD, if I can get Litchi for 24.54 USD?

Regards,
Maker
Hi Maker,

Your assumption is correct. After expiration of your free trial period Drone Harmony is no longer free.

Concerning which software to use / buy - it depends on what you are looking for. We offer a free trail license so that you can test and decide for yourself if Drone Harmony is the right software for you.

We don't comment on Litchi's offering (please test it yourself or ask them directly about it), but we can highlight some of the unique features of Drone Harmony:
  • 3D planning environment
  • Catalog of many different automated flight patterns, steadily growing
  • Flight plan smoothing for quality video recording
  • Obstacle avoidance
  • Unlimited number of waypoints

droning

Post by droning » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:03 am

looks like its not free anymore

ivanatora

Post by ivanatora » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I used DH for dozen of times few months ago for free. I'm coming back after some time and I was surprised to see it is now paid.
Okay, I agree with this lifetime pricing plan for enthusiast (as I'm not doing commercial work and I'm always releasing my ortophotos to the community), but the thing that surprised me is that there was nothing new for my use case for the period of time I have missed.

The promised web planner, which is the most expected feature is still in the limbo phase for an year now. I get that the team is probably more familiar with mobile instead of doing web software, but why not expand your team? I guess there are lots of people qualified for this? Heck with it, I am a web developer and I'm willing to help you for free, if this would bring the web planner sooner! :)

I see Litchi has been mentioned above. I'm using Litchi as my primary flying software and I have to say it is amazing. UI, smart modes, missions, web planner. Missions are fantastic for smooth video capture or batching a photo repetition for shooting several objects in one run (for example). The only thing I miss there and DH has it is the 2D top-down ortophoto grid mission. But Litchi have the web planner and it is not hard to setup a grid mission in there.

My personal opinion is that right now DH doesn't provide anything new for my use case (compared to an year ago) and I'm still not convinced to invest in it.

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm

ivanatora wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:01 pm
I used DH for dozen of times few months ago for free. I'm coming back after some time and I was surprised to see it is now paid.
Okay, I agree with this lifetime pricing plan for enthusiast (as I'm not doing commercial work and I'm always releasing my ortophotos to the community), but the thing that surprised me is that there was nothing new for my use case for the period of time I have missed.

The promised web planner, which is the most expected feature is still in the limbo phase for an year now. I get that the team is probably more familiar with mobile instead of doing web software, but why not expand your team? I guess there are lots of people qualified for this? Heck with it, I am a web developer and I'm willing to help you for free, if this would bring the web planner sooner! :)

I see Litchi has been mentioned above. I'm using Litchi as my primary flying software and I have to say it is amazing. UI, smart modes, missions, web planner. Missions are fantastic for smooth video capture or batching a photo repetition for shooting several objects in one run (for example). The only thing I miss there and DH has it is the 2D top-down ortophoto grid mission. But Litchi have the web planner and it is not hard to setup a grid mission in there.

My personal opinion is that right now DH doesn't provide anything new for my use case (compared to an year ago) and I'm still not convinced to invest in it.
Thank you for sharing your personal opinion.
  • We are actually expanding our team (see https://droneharmony.com/jobs.html if you are in Kiev and interested in applying).
  • Although you might have not directly be profiting from any of the updates we did over the last months for your flying purposes, we released a lot of things that affected positively our user base ( https://droneharmony.com/release-notes.html ).
  • Finally not willing to invest in something that has been used for dozen of times and at the same time expecting it to become better at a quick pace is a logic that does not resonate with me.

Return to “Release Planning, Pricing, Supported Platforms”