Return home function

Jeannine

Return home function

Post by Jeannine » Thu May 31, 2018 8:41 am

DJI RTH function works with Drone Harmony. We currently do not offer to change the RTH parameter settings (e.g. altitude) inside of Drone Harmony. However the parameters are stored on the drone and you can change them in DJI GO. The changes will take over to Drone Harmony, since they are stored on the drone. Note, that you always can take manual control of the drone by switching the Flight Mode on your remote controller (e.g. to sports mode).

OldDroneGuy

Re: Return home function

Post by OldDroneGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm

However..a Video on YouTube by King Tut mentions that the return to home will not activate during a mission if connection with RC is lost...is this true?

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 am

OldDroneGuy wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm
However..a Video on YouTube by King Tut mentions that the return to home will not activate during a mission if connection with RC is lost...is this true?
Yes, this is true. If the physical connection between RC and drone is lost no command can be sent to the drone anymore. This includes the RTH command.

However, there are currently two options provided by DJI that influence the behavior of the drone when the RC signal is lost. You can chose in Drone Harmony during the launch dialog one of the two options:
  1. Stop mission and start to hoover in place as soon as RC connection is lost
  2. Continue along the planned waypoint mission regardless of the connection loss.

Bheckman

Post by Bheckman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:28 pm

What happens if I'm flying my DJI spark manually through Drone Harmony and I lose connection to the remote - will the drone automatically fly back to the homepoint - SAM question if the battery gets too low.

Return to “Safety”