Waypointing-FPV

TonyRoddam

Waypointing-FPV

Post by TonyRoddam » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:07 pm

I've bought DH Basic and tried to carry out a 'waypointing' mission using the camera button to record the turning points. So far so good, and the P4 Pro held the positions impressively well, flying the 'smooth plan using photos'. But the camera and drone were facing all ways but forwards - how do I fix that?

What I actually need is simple FPV and the drone turning precisely at the turning points (rather than the cinematic style). Using the magic wand it offered me three options - 'Smooth plan using photos' 'Plan using photos', and 'Plan using trajectory'.

But none seemed to give me an FPV view - assume there is a way to do this?

All help and suggestions gratefully accepted! (I cannot find a user guide/manual - does anyone have a link to this?)

Martin

Re: Waypointing-FPV

Post by Martin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 pm

TonyRoddam wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:07 pm
I've bought DH Basic and tried to carry out a 'waypointing' mission using the camera button to record the turning points. So far so good, and the P4 Pro held the positions impressively well, flying the 'smooth plan using photos'. But the camera and drone were facing all ways but forwards - how do I fix that?

What I actually need is simple FPV and the drone turning precisely at the turning points (rather than the cinematic style). Using the magic wand it offered me three options - 'Smooth plan using photos' 'Plan using photos', and 'Plan using trajectory'.

But none seemed to give me an FPV view - assume there is a way to do this?

All help and suggestions gratefully accepted! (I cannot find a user guide/manual - does anyone have a link to this?)
Hi TonyRoddam,

You bring up a good point!
We currently do not automatically arrange the smoothed waypoints to look towards the next waypoint, but rather interpolate the yaw smoothly (which also has its use case if you want to transition between the waypoints in a more cinematic fashion).

Now, what you ask can be done today with a tool that we have - but involves some manual steps:
  1. After you have smoothened your mission, select with the lasso tool all waypoint EXCEPT the red and green dot (liftoff / landing).
  2. Use edit pencil, chose yaw and then use "Orient Yaw towards next Waypoint"
Now all your waypoints will in Yaw point towards the next waypoint.

We will add a dialog in the future to the smoothing process, that will allow you to chose wether you want the FPV style of transition or rather the cinematic transition - thereby not requiring you to go through this process.

Best regards,
Martin

Return to “Flight Planning & Execution”