No Flight Zone & DH ??

flyzk

No Flight Zone & DH ??

Post by flyzk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi,
Does DH able to fly in NFZ ? Could you explain how does it work please?

Martin

Re: No Flight Zone & DH ??

Post by Martin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm

flyzk wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi,
Does DH able to fly in NFZ ? Could you explain how does it work please?
DJI has the authority over no fly zones (NFZ). The DJI documentation states the following:
Fly Zone Manager gives information about nearby fly zones, and APIs to unlock zones that can be unlocked. Depending on location, there are three types of fly zones possible:

CIRCLE: Cylinder or truncated cone volume with four levels of restriction:
Warning Zones : no restriction
Enhanced warning zones : Flight restricted, can be unlocked for flight when the user logs into their DJI account
Authorization zones : Flight restricted, can be unlocked for flight when the user logs into their DJI account and the account has been authorized to unlock authorization zones.
Restricted zones : Flight restricted
POLY: Fly zone that consists of one or more sub fly zones that are cylinders or complex volumes with different height limitations. A height limitation of 0 means flight is completely restricted. This is used by Spark, Mavic, Phantom 4 Series, Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series.

On the Phantom 3, Inspire 1, M100, M600, A3/N3 series of products, there can also be a buffer area with radius about 23 km around a restricted fly zone where flight height is limited to 120m.
Drone Harmony warns you if you are in or near a NFZ. DH also offers you to login to your DJI account (Menu -> Drone -> Login to DJI) for getting flight authorization of some of the above zones. Drone Harmony does not override or give you any flight authorization, it is all managed and handled by DJI.

Best regards,
Martin

flyzk

Post by flyzk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 am

I meant: If a NFZ is unlocked by traditional unlocking DJI process, can you confirm that I could also fly with DH ?

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 pm

flyzk wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 am
I meant: If a NFZ is unlocked by traditional unlocking DJI process, can you confirm that I could also fly with DH ?
I repeat:
DH also offers you to login to your DJI account (Menu -> Drone -> Login to DJI) for getting flight authorization of some of the above zones.

Return to “Flight Planning & Execution”