copy/paste

jprn

copy/paste

Post by jprn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 am

Hi,
I've planned a rather complicated mission that I want to fly on other places. Is there any way to duplicate it ? something like copy/paste... the copy function makes a copy at the same place, I don't understand its purpose.

Martin

Re: copy/paste

Post by Martin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:04 pm

jprn wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 am
Hi,
I've planned a rather complicated mission that I want to fly on other places. Is there any way to duplicate it ? something like copy/paste... the copy function makes a copy at the same place, I don't understand its purpose.
The copy function was written with the intention that the user can move a complete mission locally (in altitude but also in lat or longitude). What you are suggesting is interesting: Copy a mission but paste it at a completely different location - we have not implemented this functionality yet.

For now there is a manual solution that you could go for:
You could export the mission as *.dhm file, unzip it and shift all the latitude and longitude values to fit to the new location you want to fly in. After than you load the "corrected" dhm file back into Drone Harmony. Not perfect, but it would work.

Best regards,
Martin

jprn

Post by jprn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks Martin

Unthinkable with 25 or 30 waypoints and more than 20 different locations.
Implementing copy/paste, or templates creation would be a great improvement for repetitive missions in different locations.

If the copy function allows to move a complete mission, may be zooming out on the map and move could work ?
But I'm unable to understand how to move the complete mission, i.e. move together all the waypoints of the copy. I tried to select with the lasso... You enlight me ?

Kind regards. J*P

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Sure, you use the lasso to select. Then use the "Chain" tool to link all the waypoints together. From now on every change you do will affect all waypoints that are "chained" together.

jprn

Post by jprn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks Martin

Ok, I got it.
In fact, I tried to move too much points.
With a few points, you can move the mission where you want, zooming out, in... But If you have more than let's say 10 or 15 points, DH freezes or stops.

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:56 am

Hi jprn,
jprn wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm
In fact, I tried to move too much points.
With a few points, you can move the mission where you want, zooming out, in... But If you have more than let's say 10 or 15 points, DH freezes or stops.
Exactly right. The performance issue arises if one tries to move "too" many map markers. Something the google map API currently does not really support well.

Return to “Flight Planning & Execution”