3D Model of a section of mountain

Upload stunning images that you took using Drone Harmony. You are also welcome to link to any recorded drone videos or 2D maps or 3D models that you created.
aerovision

3D Model of a section of mountain

Post by aerovision » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am

Here's a link to a 3D model we created of a small section of Chapmans Peak in Cape Town. To be used for modelling rock falls.
We first created a terrain model with standard nadir imagery, then used that terrain model to accurately map the side of the mountain.
All done using Drone Harmony and then processed in Agisoft.
Unfortunately had to lower the resolution to make it more manageable, but still looks pretty good!

Check it out - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4fpg816x05c ... xo5Ha?dl=0

Martin

Re: 3D Model of a section of mountain

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 am

aerovision wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am
Here's a link to a 3D model we created of a small section of Chapmans Peak in Cape Town. To be used for modelling rock falls.
We first created a terrain model with standard nadir imagery, then used that terrain model to accurately map the side of the mountain.
Unfortunately had to lower the resolution to make it more manageable, but still looks pretty good!

Very nice model. Note that in order to open this pdf file, people have to enable 3D view in their pdf reader. Maybe you have a better way to share the data?

If you want we would be happy to share your result on our media channels and link to your company. Just let us know.

aerovision

Post by aerovision » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:55 am

Martin wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:35 am
aerovision wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am

Very nice model. Note that in order to open this pdf file, people have to enable 3D view in their pdf reader. Maybe you have a better way to share the data?

If you want we would be happy to share your result on our media channels and link to your company. Just let us know.
Thanks Martin,

Yeah, I thought a pdf would be the easiest way to share. You're welcome to share on your media channels. Just let me know what format you would prefer.

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:14 pm

aerovision wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:55 am

Thanks Martin,

Yeah, I thought a pdf would be the easiest way to share. You're welcome to share on your media channels. Just let me know what format you would prefer.
Sounds good. Jeannine will reach out to you towards the end of the week. She will know best on what format will be suitable.

Jeannine

Post by Jeannine » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi!
We would be happy to share your work on our social media channels. Would it be possible that you share it in .jpg or .png?
Best, Jeannine

DanRyder

Post by DanRyder » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 am

Is there a better way to view the model? I couldn't install 3D plugin on my pdf viewer. top traveling crib for toddler - top toaster 2 slice - buy guide

Thanks for sharing anyway!
Last edited by DanRyder on Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu May 09, 2019 9:51 am

DanRyder wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 am
Is there a better way to view the model? I couldn't install 3D plugin on my pdf viewer. top traveling crib for toddler - top toaster 2 slice

Thanks for sharing anyway!
Unfortunately, aerovision did not get back with us to share the data in a different format.

Return to “Share your Drone Footage”