Working with Terrain

sebastien83

Working with Terrain

Post by sebastien83 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:16 am

I want to create a flight plan using Terrain Top-Down.
I can t create a terrain. I m following the video instructions but it doesn t work.

I guess I have to download first a japanese coordinate system and install it on DH.
Is there somebody to explain me step by step.

Thank you.

Martin

Re: Working with Terrain

Post by Martin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:06 am

sebastien83 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:16 am
I want to create a flight plan using Terrain Top-Down.
I can t create a terrain. I m following the video instructions but it doesn t work.
I guess I have to download first a japanese coordinate system and install it on DH.
Is there somebody to explain me step by step.
Thank you.
Did you check out http://droneharmony.com/help/working-with-terrain.html already?

Currently only the Esri ASCII grid format with WGS84 coordinate system is supported. So if you have terrain data in a local Japanese coordinate system you would first have to convert that data to WGS84.

sebastien83

Post by sebastien83 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

I checked the video.
I tried to do the same flight path we see in the video and it doesn t work. I have to download datas. How can I make this file ?
Does that I mean if I ve never gone to the yard before, I can t make a terrain data ?

What I also tried, it s to import datas in Arcgis to make a .asc file. It doesn t work.

Thank you

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 am

Hi Sebastien,
sebastien83 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am
I have to download datas. How can I make this file ?
There are two ways on how to get such data:
  • A government agency or a geo-spatial business providing you with such data (i.e. download / buy).
  • You are using photogrammetry to compute a digital elevation model yourself in an image processing software.
sebastien83 wrote:
Does that I mean if I ve never gone to the yard before, I can t make a terrain data ?
I am sorry, I do not understand / follow your question here. Can you explain more?
sebastien83 wrote:
What I also tried, it s to import datas in Arcgis to make a .asc file. It doesn t work.
We probably would have to look at your asc file in order to see why it does not work. Usually the data format is not correct according to the ESRI Ascii WGS 84 specifications. If you want you can send us the asc file to contact@droneharmony.com and we will have a look.

Best regards,
Martin

sebastien83

Post by sebastien83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:14 am

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your response and your patience.

I downloaded the file "Norway.asc" and I could make a flight path.

I have to see how can I make a asc file with the correct coordinates system with Arcgis or Google earth Pro.

Thank you

sebastien83

Post by sebastien83 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 am

Hi Martin,
Good News, I did it.
I used Google earth pro and Arcgis Pro.
I had to do some processing with Arcgis. But it works. Now, next step I have to try it.

Return to “Terrain-Aware Surveys”