Alow waypoint heights below start/launch point

Share your ideas here or even better share them on the Drone Harmony idea platform. Our dev team takes your ideas into account for shaping the dev roadmap!
dmklein

Alow waypoint heights below start/launch point

Post by dmklein » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Want to follow terrain of a hill. Unpractical to launch from the base of the hill.
I have the elevations on the hill - complied to KML file. But - will NOT allow me to go lower then 4 feet from the launch point - which is from the top of the hill.
I can only image that I am not the only person who would use this feature -
Any one trying to explore a canyon, Mountain side . . .

Martin

Re: Alow waypoint heights below start/launch point

Post by Martin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 am

dmklein wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Want to follow terrain of a hill. Unpractical to launch from the base of the hill.
I have the elevations on the hill - complied to KML file. But - will NOT allow me to go lower then 4 feet from the launch point - which is from the top of the hill.
I can only image that I am not the only person who would use this feature -
Any one trying to explore a canyon, Mountain side . . .
Hello dmklein,

Your feature request is completely understandable and I added this request myself a while ago at ideas.droneharmony.com. We did not yet get around to do it (it has a lot of consequences in our 3D display code etc.), but we are aware that it is a must have feature.

Best regards,
DH Team

FLYGary

Post by FLYGary » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm

This will be a show stopper for me. I routinely have to shoot mining operations and operate in mountainous areas where my launch point is above the target. Only workaround would be to fly to the bottom, launch from the mission from there and then backtrack. That would kill an already limited flight time.

flyzk

Post by flyzk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 pm

+1 I can't perform many Bridges and Cliff Inspection with DH because of this limitation..

Return to “Feature Requests”