NFZ problem

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
bertrand

NFZ problem

Post by bertrand » Mon May 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi,

I had NFZ messages banning me to take off, from time to time.
I am in a NFZ "Altitude Zone" (altitude limited...).
I had several time message saying I was in a "Restricted Zone", and DH forbided me to take off.

The message refered about a small "Restricted Zone" that is more then 10 km away (not the "alititude zone" were I'm in).

I closed DH, opened "DJI Go 4", took off for a while... landed... I went back to DH.... and was able to take off as if every was OK... strange.

It happened several time, for several days (I did not tested since the last time it happened).
When I tried to log into my DJI account trought out DH, via a Wifi node on my GSM it took a long long time...but I never got DJI loggin. So I tried the mitigation described above.

Difficult time when you are with your customer.

Maybe wrong communication beetween DH and DJI SDK ?!

Regards,

Bertrand

Martin

Re: NFZ problem

Post by Martin » Mon May 27, 2019 7:42 pm

bertrand wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:16 pm
Hi,

I had NFZ messages banning me to take off, from time to time.
I am in a NFZ "Altitude Zone" (altitude limited...).
I had several time message saying I was in a "Restricted Zone", and DH forbided me to take off.

The message refered about a small "Restricted Zone" that is more then 10 km away (not the "alititude zone" were I'm in).

I closed DH, opened "DJI Go 4", took off for a while... landed... I went back to DH.... and was able to take off as if every was OK... strange.

It happened several time, for several days (I did not tested since the last time it happened).
When I tried to log into my DJI account trought out DH, via a Wifi node on my GSM it took a long long time...but I never got DJI loggin. So I tried the mitigation described above.

Difficult time when you are with your customer.

Maybe wrong communication beetween DH and DJI SDK ?!

Regards,

Bertrand
DJI requires for certain fly zones, that the Operator is signed in with their services. We are not in control of that and only forward what DJI offers in terms of Login screen (the DJI login dialog, its communication logic etc. is all handled by DJI code). So basically there is no communication between DH and DJI for this, but all DJI internally handled.

With respect to your DJI go 4 workaround: It might be, that the DJI SDK & drone hardware remembers that you are signed in inside of DJI go 4 and when switching back to DH, it still uses that information.

I doubt we can do anything more here, as it is outside of the scope of our code.

Best regards,
Martin

Return to “Bug Reports”