Photo manual mode : diaphragm not ajustable

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
bertrand

Re: Photo manual mode : diaphragm not ajustable

Post by bertrand » Tue May 28, 2019 9:41 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the link. It gave me some clue to try new tests ....
I found that the RC's right wheel on the "Mavic 2 pro" allowed to set some stuff, depending on the exposure mode (while the Androïd UI camera setting box is opened...) :
"A" Mode : the wheel adjusts Aperture
"S" Mode : the wheel adjusts speed shutter
"M" Mode : the wheel adjusts Aperture (...super....just what I needed..and you have to use the UI on Androïd to adjust speed shutter...)
"Auto" Mode : the wheel adjust +/- EV shift (from -3 EV to +3 EV)

It's quite counter intuitive... but it is useful.

I will try while flying a plan, as meaby it would be possible to adjust exposure along plan exécution, throught the RC'S right wheel, to correct strong light variations on cloudy days.

Regards,

Bertrand
Last edited by bertrand on Wed May 29, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 am

bertrand wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:41 am
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the link. It gave me some clue to try new tests ....
I found that the RC's left wheel on the "Mavic 2 pro" allowed to set some stuff, depending on the exposure mode (while the Androïd UI camera setting box is opened...) :
"A" Mode : the wheel adjusts Aperture
"S" Mode : the wheel adjusts speed shutter
"M" Mode : the wheel adjusts Aperture (...super....just what I needed..and you have to use the UI on Androïd to adjust speed shutter...)
"Auto" Mode : the wheel adjust +/- EV shift (from -3 EV to +3 EV)

It's quite counter intuitive... but it is useful.

I will try while flying a plan, as meaby it would be possible to adjust exposure along plan exécution, throught the RC'S left wheel, to correct strong light variations on cloudy days.

Regards,

Bertrand
Glad it is of help. Yes indeed counter intuitive. I hope DJI will update their UI/UX to improve that. But most importantly you should now be able to adjust aperture. Maybe let me know if it worked while flying here, so that others reading this will know too :-).

Thanks,
Martin

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Wed May 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Martin,

I tested exposure adjustement will flying plan.

If you start the plan with "auto exposure" camera mode : you can adjust (with the right wheel) the EV (-3 <-> +3 EV). The exposure adjustement value is visible on the RC (but no indication in DH FPV...).

If you start the plan with "A" / "S" or "M" camera mode : you cannot adjust exposure. And if you "pause" the fly to adjust aperture via the camera setting box... you cannot (neither via right wheel, nor via the camera setting box ... but you can adjust the speed shutter via the camera setting box).

Voilà.

Regards,

Bertrand

Return to “Bug Reports”