Photo manual mode : diaphragm not ajustable

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
bertrand

Photo manual mode : diaphragm not ajustable

Post by bertrand » Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am

hye,

I tried to manualy set photography parameter for a fly.
But the diaphragm is not adjustable.
I can adjust the shutter speed.... not the diaphragm.
The system use the last value set trought DJI Go.
The value is in bleu color, as if it was possible to change it, but... you canot change it.

Matériel :
DH + Mavic 2 Pro + Galaxy Tab A

Regards,

Bertrand

Martin

Re: Photo manual mode : diaphragm not ajustable

Post by Martin » Thu May 23, 2019 11:08 am

bertrand wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am
hye,

I tried to manualy set photography parameter for a fly.
But the diaphragm is not adjustable.
I can adjust the shutter speed.... not the diaphragm.
The system use the last value set trought DJI Go.
The value is in bleu color, as if it was possible to change it, but... you canot change it.

Matériel :
DH + Mavic 2 Pro + Galaxy Tab A

Regards,

Bertrand
Hi Bertrand,

All the DJI camera parameters are adjustable through the standard DJI Camera User Interface components. These are accessible in the Drone Harmony FPV view (when the Drone is connected, tap on the top right corner camera icon).

If the drone is currently occupied by executing an automated mission or recording some things with the camera, some of the camera parameters will not be accessible. So you need to first pause the mission or wait till the camera is not busy anymore (for example stop video recording).

Does that answer your question?

Best regards,
Martin

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 am

Hi Martin,

Nop... I tried it, but "aperture" are not adjustable (neither in A mode nor in M Mode). I can change other parameters (ISO, speed shutter...).

The aperture value is adjustable trought DJI Go 4.0 camera setting tool, but I cannot change it trought "DH".

Regards,

Bertrand

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm

bertrand wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 am
Hi Martin,

Nop... I tried it, but "aperture" are not adjustable (neither in A mode nor in M Mode). I can change other parameters (ISO, speed shutter...).

The aperture value is adjustable trought DJI Go 4.0 camera setting tool, but I cannot change it trought "DH".

Regards,

Bertrand
The Mavic 2 Pro camera should support aperture changes using the DJI SDK according to the DJI documentation:

But there is a precondition that has to be adhered to, namely the ExposureMode must be in Manual or in Aperature Priority:

Can you verify that this precondition is fulfilled with your current camera settings?

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Thu May 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi Martin,

via DH, In the camera setting box, I can select "Manual" ou "Aperture Priority". But Aperture is not adjustable in neither mode.

In "DGJ Go" the Exposure Mode "Manual" and "Aperture Priority" are fully fonctionnal (ie : I can adjust "Aperture"...).

"Mavic 2 Pro" seems be keeping the "Exposure Mode" in the "Manual" mode after I leave DJI Go, as when I set it via DJI Go, go into DH (..and trie to set Aperture, but cannot ...), and come back to DJI Go the "Exposure mode" is still "Manual".

For me the precondition is fillfulled, but as a simple user I cannot acces SDK function... so I cannot awser the question "is the isAdjustableSupported function return true".

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri May 24, 2019 7:19 am

bertrand wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:45 pm
Hi Martin,

via DH, In the camera setting box, I can select "Manual" ou "Aperture Priority". But Aperture is not adjustable in neither mode.

In "DGJ Go" the Exposure Mode "Manual" and "Aperture Priority" are fully fonctionnal (ie : I can adjust "Aperture"...).

"Mavic 2 Pro" seems be keeping the "Exposure Mode" in the "Manual" mode after I leave DJI Go, as when I set it via DJI Go, go into DH (..and trie to set Aperture, but cannot ...), and come back to DJI Go the "Exposure mode" is still "Manual".

For me the precondition is fillfulled, but as a simple user I cannot acces SDK function... so I cannot awser the question "is the isAdjustableSupported function return true".
Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for checking the exposure mode! So the problem lies somewhere else, and thus our team will investigate this further. In principle, everything should work here exactly as in DJI go 4, as we use DJI's code for controlling the camera. I will get back to you during next week with an update. I am sorry, we could not find yet a solution. But I am confident, that we will able to fix this.

Best,
Martin

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Martin,

OK.

Regards.

Bertrand

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon May 27, 2019 10:08 am

bertrand wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm
Hi Martin,

OK.

Regards.

Bertrand
Hi Bertrand,

we checked the Aperture settings on DH for the x5s camera, which also supports adjusting Aperture and Exposure Mode. It worked without a problem.

One thing, we did not talk about was the Mode setting switch: In Full Auto mode you will not be able to update the Aperture:

You have to switch to A or M in order to be able to change the aperture:

What happens on your end? Maybe you can also upload a screenshot if it does not work on your end?

Best,
Martin

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi Martin,

I captured the screen. As you can see the aperture is not changeable.

Drone : "Mavic 2 Pro".
CaptureDH.PNG
Screen capture.
CaptureDH.PNG (197.78 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Regards.

Bertrand

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon May 27, 2019 7:37 pm

bertrand wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 pm
Hi Martin,

I captured the screen. As you can see the aperture is not changeable.

Drone : "Mavic 2 Pro".

CaptureDH.PNG

Regards.

Bertrand
Thanks for the screen. We believe now, that for the mavic 2 pro it is only possible to adjust aperture using the S and A mode. See also this DJI forum answer, which mentions additionally the right wheel for controlling aperture:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-167655-1-1.html

It could also be that DJI lacks behind in updating the UI / UX in their SDK, so that it does not yet reflect this change (thus only being able to change it in DJI go 4).

Return to “Bug Reports”