App crashes

Did you see a mistake? Have you experienced an issue? Please tell us, so we can fix it.
Post Reply
Giatros
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:06 pm

App crashes

Post by Giatros » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 am

After the update, released on 2 Mar 2019, application crash when press the camera icon for fpv or settings.

Martin
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: App crashes

Post by Martin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Giatros wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 am
After the update, released on 2 Mar 2019, application crash when press the camera icon for fpv or settings.
Hello Giatros,

Would you be so kind and reach out to support@droneharmony.com? With the latest update we also updated to the new DJI SDK libraries. It might be that there are some instabilities there and it would help us if you can give us some more information about your hardware (tablet, OS) to work on fixing the problem.

Thank you,
Martin

jimm
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 am

Re: App crashes

Post by jimm » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 am

Greetings!

After completing initial setup (connect to Google account, Approve Terms of service, set preferred units and drone, etc.) the app crashes with the pop message "DH Basic has stopped". Closing and opening again goes immediately to the crash with pop up message. Re-installing the app twice has not helped. Sent feedback through the app, posting this message, and sending a copy to your support email.

software: Drone Harmony Planner (for use on a Spark) - BASIC free version from Google Play Store
v1.9.1
last update 06.April.2019

Lenovo YogaBook 10" tablet - Lenovo YB1-X90L
4-core 2.4 Ghz / 4GB RAM (1.3 GB free when trying to start dh) / 30+GB of storage available
Android 7.1.1
Kernel 3.14.79-x86_64-g7f80a31

Hope that helps! If I can send any other info, please let me know.

Martin
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: App crashes

Post by Martin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:24 am

jimm wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 am
Greetings!

After completing initial setup (connect to Google account, Approve Terms of service, set preferred units and drone, etc.) the app crashes with the pop message "DH Basic has stopped". Closing and opening again goes immediately to the crash with pop up message. Re-installing the app twice has not helped. Sent feedback through the app, posting this message, and sending a copy to your support email.

software: Drone Harmony Planner (for use on a Spark) - BASIC free version from Google Play Store
v1.9.1
last update 06.April.2019

Lenovo YogaBook 10" tablet - Lenovo YB1-X90L
4-core 2.4 Ghz / 4GB RAM (1.3 GB free when trying to start dh) / 30+GB of storage available
Android 7.1.1
Kernel 3.14.79-x86_64-g7f80a31

Hope that helps! If I can send any other info, please let me know.
Hello jimm,

Thank you very much for all the detailed information. The crash happens due to DJI not being able to resolve a class on the Intel architecture. We opened a ticket about this on their support page:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/555 ... htcontroll

We will look into disabling some functionalities on this architecture until DJI fixes this issue. We might release soon another update / hot-fix so that you can still continue to use DH in the meantime.

Best regards,
Martin

Martin
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: App crashes

Post by Martin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:01 am

jimm wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 am
Greetings!

After completing initial setup (connect to Google account, Approve Terms of service, set preferred units and drone, etc.) the app crashes with the pop message "DH Basic has stopped". Closing and opening again goes immediately to the crash with pop up message. Re-installing the app twice has not helped. Sent feedback through the app, posting this message, and sending a copy to your support email.

software: Drone Harmony Planner (for use on a Spark) - BASIC free version from Google Play Store
v1.9.1
last update 06.April.2019

Lenovo YogaBook 10" tablet - Lenovo YB1-X90L
4-core 2.4 Ghz / 4GB RAM (1.3 GB free when trying to start dh) / 30+GB of storage available
Android 7.1.1
Kernel 3.14.79-x86_64-g7f80a31

Hope that helps! If I can send any other info, please let me know.
Hello jimm,

Thank you very much for all the detailed information. The crash happens due to DJI not being able to resolve a class on the Intel architecture. We opened a ticket about this on their support page:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/555 ... htcontroll

We might be able to disable some functionalities in order to not use this class until DJI fixes this issue. But it is likely that we have to wait for DJI to properly support your device architecture.

Best regards,
Martin

jimm
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 am

Re: App crashes

Post by jimm » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 am

Martin wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:24 am
We will look into disabling some functionalities on this architecture until DJI fixes this issue. We might release soon another update / hot-fix so that you can still continue to use DH in the meantime.
That could be awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks for your time!

Martin
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: App crashes

Post by Martin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 am

jimm wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 am
Martin wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:24 am
We will look into disabling some functionalities on this architecture until DJI fixes this issue. We might release soon another update / hot-fix so that you can still continue to use DH in the meantime.
That could be awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks for your time!
Yes, it would. But unfortunately, I learned yesterday from our CTO that is unlikely that we can do it, as there is too much functionality that would have to be disabled. For example, in our last update, we disabled our readout of the IMU Sensors when connecting the drone, as it used to cause crashes for your device (Intel arch). This was only partially helping since now the Compass readout crashes in a similar style.

We are looking into getting a similar device, to test and come up with a workaround solution. But it will take us some time. The real solution only DJI can provide.

Best,
Martin

jimm
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 am

Re: App crashes

Post by jimm » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Martin wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 am
We are looking into getting a similar device, to test and come up with a workaround solution. But it will take us some time. The real solution only DJI can provide.
We certainly do not want you to cannibalize functionality just to satisfy some edge-case hardware devices. For me, I can get a tablet that you support without compromise, at anytime. The YogaBook is just what I happen to have available at the moment.

As a software developer myself (40+ years), I understand and respect the challenges you have in front of you. I wish you luck!

If you have trouble getting a similar device, I could consider shipping my Lenovo YogaBook to you for solution-building. As long as I get it back eventually. :)

Martin
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: App crashes

Post by Martin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:12 am

jimm wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Martin wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 am
We are looking into getting a similar device, to test and come up with a workaround solution. But it will take us some time. The real solution only DJI can provide.
We certainly do not want you to cannibalize functionality just to satisfy some edge-case hardware devices. For me, I can get a tablet that you support without compromise, at anytime. The YogaBook is just what I happen to have available at the moment.

As a software developer myself (40+ years), I understand and respect the challenges you have in front of you. I wish you luck!

If you have trouble getting a similar device, I could consider shipping my Lenovo YogaBook to you for solution-building. As long as I get it back eventually. :)
Hi jiim,

Thank you for the offer and your understanding. We will keep it in mind but probably will get our own so we can have ongoing and continuing testing also in the future.

Best regards,
Martin

Post Reply

Return to “Bug Reports”