Photo mode to video - reverts to Photo mode

flightline

Photo mode to video - reverts to Photo mode

Post by flightline » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm

New guy here...hello!

Ive created a Manual Flight Plan by Flying, one that will then be converted to a video stream - very cool ;)

The test flightplan I created was a circle around two trees in a field of grass. There were no obstacles around it.

Set my starting point and then made a rough circle around the trees hitting the camera button wherever I wanted a reference pic for the video.
When complete I stopped the circle of stills and landed the P4P but did not turn power off.

Went to the wand to edit. That didnt happen -ie, couldn't edit the circle. It took me to the parameters section - speed of flight, set autofocus etc and I finished that section.
The program then loaded all that information (yellow bar moving left to right).
Im then asked to take off to start the video flight.
This is where to problem starts - it reverts to photo mode...ie, it will not shoot in video mode even though I have set that up, it defaults to photo mode and the whole project is filmed as stills.

I tried this three times now with the same result. Have checked the images - definitely no video, all stills.

Can anyone pass on a detailed breakdown how to get achieve a video pls.

I see this program as one I am very keen to master. Setting up this method in stills mode first, then converting to video is akin to doing a rehearsal on a TVC, drama, corporate or anything else. To me this program will be a very useful tool.

Thx, straightline

Martin

Re: Photo mode to video - reverts to Photo mode

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi Straightline,

I summarize the process here on how it should work:
  1. Record a flight by manual flying using camera triggering for points (icon appears on top, after stopping the flight recording).
  2. Select the recorded flight on the top, use magic wand tool on the left in order to convert to a mission (mission appears on the right side).
  3. Select the mission on the right side in order to start the launch dialog (by pressing red play button)
  4. In the launch dialog choose as recording action the video mode
Did you follow these steps? Also make sure you have the latest version of Drone Harmony installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBMG8EzbdY is a tutorial video on how to do this process, although it is with an older UI version of Drone Harmony.

Best regards,
Martin

flightline

Post by flightline » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 am

Thx forthe reply Martin

Manual mode (photo to to video)
Did another test.

Shot my photos then stopped it.
Went to majic wand, went through the options then hit "fly" or whatever the term is. Saw nowhere to start it as a video.
Ended up with stills again so I aborted.
Could it be my Sansung Galaxy Tab S2?

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:35 am

flightline wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 am
Saw nowhere to start it as a video.
Did you chose video as the recording mode in the launch dialog?

If you don't have this, it means that you are using an old version of Drone Harmony.
flightline wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 am
Could it be my Sansung Galaxy Tab S2?
No, this functionality should work independent on your device.

flightline

Post by flightline » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:31 am

Hey Martin!...success!

From your screenprint of the menu, showing - "Video" it all came together as should be.
I must say though, it would streamline the setup program if "Video" was not buried under a sub heading.

Since the Manual mode is designed to be flown as either a stills sequence or video sequence I would like to see the menu clearly show that in the header menu rather than in a sub heading for this mode.
Nonetheless, I am going to be using this a program in my toolkit for a lot of shots.
Thx again for the info.

Return to “By Flying”