Using DH Exclusively

OldDroneGuy

Using DH Exclusively

Post by OldDroneGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Is this App functional to the point that I can use it exclusively. I know that it's out of Beta but can I safely use it to replace DJI Go App...and will it update my Firmware as necessary.

OldDroneGuy

Re: Using DH Exclusively

Post by OldDroneGuy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm

I noticed your Admins haven't been on this Forum in 2 weeks...But I got my answer while going through the other Forum questions...it seems Drone Harmony is in need of the DJI Go App because it has to access it's Libraries? If anyone knows differently please let us know cause the Admins don't seem to be around..

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:12 am

OldDroneGuy wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 pm
Is this App functional to the point that I can use it exclusively. I know that it's out of Beta but can I safely use it to replace DJI Go App...and will it update my Firmware as necessary.
DJI Go will likely be needed in the future for maintaining your DJI drone. Currently, it is especially needed to upgrade your drone firmware software or to do calibration of your drone hardware (compass, IMU).

Most things for flying can be done exclusively with Drone Harmony, but some thing are not (e.g. using DJI googles).

Thus we recommend you to keep both DJI Go and Drone Harmony installed. To avoid any connectivity issues, we recommend to run only one application at once.

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:14 am

OldDroneGuy wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm
I noticed your Admins haven't been on this Forum in 2 weeks...But I got my answer while going through the other Forum questions...it seems Drone Harmony is in need of the DJI Go App because it has to access it's Libraries? If anyone knows differently please let us know cause the Admins don't seem to be around..
First - sorry for the delay, we were busy with all the release efforts.

The DJI Go App is not required to use Drone Harmony. You can fly with Drone Harmony without having DJI Go installed. But (see my above post) some functionality you can currently only access through the DJI Go App.

Return to “General Discussions”