Roof import

trevorm

Roof import

Post by trevorm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Is there a guide to show how to put a roof structure (import a roof) on a building? I can't find any thing in the user manual or a relevant topic, thanks

Martin

Re: Roof import

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:54 pm

trevorm wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Is there a guide to show how to put a roof structure (import a roof) on a building? I can't find any thing in the user manual or a relevant topic, thanks
Hi trevorm,

Currently, DH does not support roof type structures (angled surfaces). That being said, we are looking at different ways on how such data could be imported and consequently being used by our flight engine.

How would you imagine the process? Do you have such data in a specific file format available? If so, it would be interesting for us to look at such an example!

Best regards,
Martin

trevorm

Post by trevorm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I saw a user who was demoing Drone Harmony on YouTube. It looked like he had the roof structure in place on his model (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp2n13VwniI). I realize now that it was the roof structure showing through the selected area on the Google map plus cylinders/other shapes the user has added to make the model represent the church as accurately as possible. Sorry for the false alarm.

However, on this model, the cylinders which he has used for the church tower and surrounding trees - are these cylinders/other shapes available in the standard (non pro) version of the app?

Martin

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:19 pm

trevorm wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:29 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I saw a user who was demoing Drone Harmony on YouTube. It looked like he had the roof structure in place on his model (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp2n13VwniI). I realize now that it was the roof structure showing through the selected area on the Google map plus cylinders/other shapes the user has added to make the model represent the church as accurately as possible. Sorry for the false alarm.

However, on this model, the cylinders which he has used for the church tower and surrounding trees - are these cylinders/other shapes available in the standard (non pro) version of the app?
Yes, the cylinders are available. When you select the polygon tool on the left for drawing an area you can then choose in the submenu the "cylinder" tool, which lets you place a circle onto the map. If you add height to that circle it will become a cylinder.

trevorm

Post by trevorm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Thank you. - That's great - Slowly but surely picking this up now it's really good.

Return to “General Discussions”